1. What is WinAnonymous?
It is rogue PC security software closely related to PCPrivacyTool fake anti-spyware application. WinAnonymous is installed without user knowledge and agreement and starts computer scan automatically. After the scan, assumed threat report is generated and user is asked to send a payment so that threat removal and protection functions would be enabled. Actually, stay away from transferring the payment because WinAnonymous is only a fraud and should not be trusted.
2. WinAnonymous screen shot:
3. How to remove WinAnonymous:
- Internet connection might be disabled or Internet browser might be blocked by WinAnonymous, so it won't be possible to download any files to infected computer. In this case please download all files required for WinAnonymous removal to another computer and then transfer them on the infected one using CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- To remove WinAnonymous download Spyware Doctor and install the program (for the installation guide click here). Before installation, make sure all other programs and windows are closed.
After the installation, computer scan should be started automatically. If so, please move to the next step. If not, click "Status" on the left side menu and press "Scan Now" button to run computer scanner as shown in the picture below:
After the scan has been completed and scan results have been generated, press "Fix Checked" button to remove WinAnonymous.
- Restart the computer to complete WinAnonymous removal procedure.
4. WinAnonymous files:GDC.exe, mc.exe, UGDCcw.exe
5. Hijackthis entries:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinAnonymous] C:\Program Files\WinAnonymous\GDC.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ugdccw] "C:\PROGRA~1\WINANO~1\UGDCcw.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Salestart] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\WinAnonymous\mc.exe" dm=http://winanonymous.com ad=http://winanonymous.com sd=http://ilp.winanonymous.com