1. What is PCPrivacyTool?
Rogue security software being in the act of persuading user into buying licensed program version in order to remove detected spyware and other PC malware. If fact, PCPrivacyTool is generating exaggerated computer scan report, containing non-existent malware on users machine or even parasites dropped by this program itself. Uninstalling PCPrivacyTool using Add/Remove Programs is not helping as it has been dropped by a trojan, which has the ability to renew rogue program over and over again. In order to remove PCPrivacyTool get an advise of experienced computer technician or entrust all removal process to trusted spyware removal program.
2. PCPrivacyTool screen shot:
3. How to remove PCPrivacyTool:
- Internet connection might be disabled or Internet browser might be blocked by PCPrivacyTool, so it won't be possible to download any files to infected computer. In this case please download all files required for PCPrivacyTool removal to another computer and then transfer them on the infected one using CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- To remove PCPrivacyTool download Spyware Doctor and install the program (for the installation guide click here). Before installation, make sure all other programs and windows are closed.
After the installation, computer scan should be started automatically. If so, please move to the next step. If not, click "Status" on the left side menu and press "Scan Now" button to run computer scanner as shown in the picture below:
After the scan has been completed and scan results have been generated, press "Fix Checked" button to remove PCPrivacyTool.
- Restart the computer to complete PCPrivacyTool removal procedure.
4. PCPrivacyTool files:GDC.exe, UGDCcw.exe
5. Hijackthis entries:
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PCPrivacyTool] C:\Program Files\PCPrivacyTool\GDC.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ugdccw] "C:\PROGRA~1\YOURPR~1\UGDCcw.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ugdccw] "C:\PROGRA~1\SECURE~1\UGDCcw.exe" -start