1. What is VirusRanger?
It is known as fake anti-spyware software, generating uncertain security alerts in order to scare user and persuade him to download and install rogue program in the effect to scan PC for viruses and remove found threats. The thing is that spyware removal function will be activated only after user has purchased licensed VirusRanger version. Note that, even after full program version has been purchased VirusRanger will neither clean your computer properly, nor provide real time protection to avoid future spyware attacks. To avoid serious damage for your PC VirusRanger should be removed as soon as it has been detected.
2. VirusRanger screen shot:
3. How to remove VirusRanger:
- Internet connection might be disabled or Internet browser might be blocked by VirusRanger, so it won't be possible to download any files to infected computer. In this case please download all files required for VirusRanger removal to another computer and then transfer them on the infected one using CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- To remove VirusRanger download Spyware Doctor and install the program (for the installation guide click here). Before installation, make sure all other programs and windows are closed.
After the installation, computer scan should be started automatically. If so, please move to the next step. If not, click "Status" on the left side menu and press "Scan Now" button to run computer scanner as shown in the picture below:
After the scan has been completed and scan results have been generated, press "Fix Checked" button to remove VirusRanger.
- Restart the computer to complete VirusRanger removal procedure.
4. VirusRanger files:vrg_setup.exe (setup file), vrsvc.exe, VirusRanger.exe
5. Hijackthis entries:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusRanger] C:\Program Files\VirusRanger\VirusRanger.exe /s
O23 - Service: vrsvc - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\VirusRanger\vrsvc.exe