1. What is Deus Cleaner?
It is defined as fake security software application, which is designed to mislead user by displaying simulated "your computer is infected" security alerts. These alerts are actually displayed by a Trojan.Zlob. Almost every infected computer with Zlob got the infection by browsing insecure websites or downloading corrupt video codecs. It is not recommended to remove DeusCleaner with the help of Add/Remove Programs tool because it is not able to remove Zlob along, which is able to resume rogue application over and over again. We recommend automatic DeusCleaner removal with trusted spyware removal tool (see "How to remove" section).
2. Deus Cleaner screen shot:
3. How to remove Deus Cleaner:
- Internet connection might be disabled or Internet browser might be blocked by Deus Cleaner, so it won't be possible to download any files to infected computer. In this case please download all files required for Deus Cleaner removal to another computer and then transfer them on the infected one using CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- To remove Deus Cleaner download Spyware Doctor and install the program (for the installation guide click here). Before installation, make sure all other programs and windows are closed.
After the installation, computer scan should be started automatically. If so, please move to the next step. If not, click "Status" on the left side menu and press "Scan Now" button to run computer scanner as shown in the picture below:
After the scan has been completed and scan results have been generated, press "Fix Checked" button to remove Deus Cleaner.
- Restart the computer to complete Deus Cleaner removal procedure.
4. Deus Cleaner files:sdmodul.dll
dcleaner.exe, dcupdate.exe, DeusCleaner.exe (setup file)
5. Hijackthis entries:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Deus Cleaner] "C:\Program Files\Deus Cleaner\DCleaner.exe" /s